Welcome to the Supporting health literacy learning module
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Explain what health literacy is and why it is important
- Understand how good health literacy skills can support with self-managing health conditions
- Explain how poor health literacy leads to health inequalities
- Understand who is at risk of poor health literacy and know how to support them to overcome the barriers they face when accessing health information.
- Apply health literacy tools and techniques to check for understanding.
This module will take you up to 2 hours to complete.
In the Workbook and certificate of completion section at the end of the module, you can:
1) Complete a summative assessment quiz.On passing the summative quiz you will receive an email with a link to your certificate.
2) Optionally, complete the workbook exercises.
There are reflective and practical workbook exercises throughout. These are optional. You may make local arrangements to review or discuss your workbook exercises, on a one to one basis with a mentor or in facilitated group discussion.