exp date isn't null, but text field is
|Tap each title to expand. Work through each section in numerical order
During a words for wellbeing session you will use the facilitator qualities and skills covered in this section to connect with people to help them to:
- Lower defensive barriers that block communication.
- Feel that their experiences and emotions are validated.
- Feel that they belong and are accepted for who they are.
- Acknowledge and express their feelings
Some ways to help people to feel connected include:
- Highlight commonality between participants in their comments on what they have read, or in issues they share about their lives.
- Encourage participants to make the connections – for example, ‘Thanks for sharing, Jane. Does anyone else have a similar reaction to this story? Let’s hear another response.’
- Participants can invite others to make suggestions or share resources.
- Try breaking into pairs or small groups for focused discussion then sharing feedback with the larger group.